Join the conversation at #NGLCchat!
- Chris Sturgis, Founder, MetisNet
- Rose Colby, Competency-Based Learning and Assessment Specialist
- Brian Stack, Principal, Sanborn Regional High School
- Mark Kostin, Associate Director, Great Schools Partnership
- Oliver Sicat, CEO and President, Ednovate and USC Hybrid High
- Tom Gaffey, Chief Instructional Technologist, Building 21
- Steve Kossakoski, CEO, Virtual Learning Academy Charter School
- Q1: Competency-based education: What is it, what isn't it?
- Q2: What components of competency-based education are making a difference for students?
- Q3: How does competency-based education influence or impact the role of teachers and teaching?
- Q4: What is the greatest challenge you've experienced as you implemented competency-based education?
- Q5: What can educators and others do to make competency-based education stronger and even better?
What’s a Twitter Chat? A Twitter Chat is a guided conversation where users interested in a particular topic hop onto the social network to chat. The chat is given a hashtag, which makes it easy for anyone to identify the chat and participate. It’s a topic-driven conversation happening in real time, similar to a public chat room; it just happens to take place on Twitter.
#NGLCchat occurs once a month, each time featuring a different aspect of personalized learning.