Check out the Storify archive of this lively chat.
Join the March #NGLCchat and help us come up with the best metaphor to describe the future of learning. If the factory model represented education in the industrial age, what metaphor captures the 21st century, networked, personalized learning model of education?
- Andy Calkins, Deputy Director, Next Generation Learning Challenges
- Kelly Young, Director, Education Reimagined
- Estrella Lewis, Isabel Alexander, Liana Rostamian, 7th grade students and Sujata Bhatt, Founder, Incubator School
- Dave Lash and Grace Belfiore, Lead Researchers on MyWays: A Next Gen Toolset
- Ted Fujimoto, President, Landmark Consulting Group
- Sam Chaltain, Strategic Communications Consultant, samchaltain.com
- Matt Williams, Vice President, Policy and Advocacy; Virgel Hammonds, Chief Learning Officer; and Jesse Moyer, Director of State Advocacy and Research, KnowledgeWorks
- Rebecca Wolfe, Director, and Clare Bertrand, Associate Director of Students at the Center, Jobs for the Future
- Christina Quattrocchi, EdSurge
Q1. From Factory Model to...What? What’s the metaphor for 21st century schools and student-centered, next gen learning?
Q2. How do YOU talk about the shift to student-centered, personalized, next gen learning and schools that look and act very different from the traditional model?
Q3. Can you share a favorite story about a student or a school that reflects the shift away from the factory model toward something new -- and how that shift is being accomplished?
Q4. What are the best videos or other resources available that tell this story well?
Join the conversation on March 3, 7pm ET at #NGLCchat!
What’s a Twitter Chat? A Twitter Chat is a guided conversation where users interested in a particular topic hop onto the social network to chat. The chat is given a hashtag, which makes it easy for anyone to identify the chat and participate. It’s a topic-driven conversation happening in real time, similar to a public chat room; it just happens to take place on Twitter.
#NGLCchat occurs once a month, each time featuring a different aspect of personalized learning. The next #NGLCchat will be on April 7, 7-8:00 pm ET.