Adopting Next Gen Assessment
Sometimes, when you get started on next gen assessment initiatives, questions pop up and it can be challenging to know where to look for answers. We've got you covered! Here, we've compiled the resources, tools, and big ideas for bringing next gen assessment to your schools and classrooms. Think of this page as a next gen assessment clearinghouse for educators, by educators. You'll find information about performance based assessment, technology-enabled assessment practices, digital badging to support competency-based learning, and some research to guide your measurement practices.
Resources on Adopting Next Gen Assessment
- Higher Ed
- The Learning Accelerator, August 2015
- Automatically graded assessments can give the student immediate feedback. And can be shared with the entire class. But should teachers share, or not?
- Angela L. Duckworth and David Scott Yeager, Educational Researcher, May 2015
- A research and development plan from RAND to promote thoughtful development of practical, high-quality measures of interpersonal and intrapersonal competencies
- Spark is a data integration tool that analyzes student achievement daily based on aggregate data from various online providers.
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, May 2014. Research findings from a one-year study of five blended learning school networks conducted by SRI International
- Activate Instruction is a free, open, online site for curricula that integrates assessments to allow students to progress at their own pace in one, integrated space
- Rebecca Itow, Design Principles Documentation Project, March 2014.
- by Jane Canner, Mary Schearer, Nicole Guagliardi, Classroom, Inc. from the GLS 9.0 Conference Proceedings (pp. 119-126), available at http://press.etc.cmu.edu/files/GLS9.0-Proceedings-2013-web.pdf
- by Inan, Ari & Flores. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, Mar 05, 2012 in Austin, Texas
Adopting Next Gen Assessment Grant Recipients
K-12 Breakthrough Models
A virtual school incorporates in-person learning within a competency-based program
Science and Engineering Competency-based Assessment
Measuring What Matters: Performance Assessment Collaborative (PAC)
Assessment System for Habits of Success
Assessing Deeper Learning through Performance-based Tasks
- see more
- Grant Opportunities
- Assessment for Learning Project
- Regional Funds for Breakthrough Schools
- Center for Collaborative Education, Massachusetts
- CityBridge Education, Washington, D.C.
- LEAP Innovations, Chicago, Ill.
- New England Secondary School Consortium
- New Schools for New Orleans
- Rogers Family Foundation, Oakland, Calif.
- The Colorado Coalition
- Funding Framework
- Grant Recipients
- Grant Opportunities