Adopting Personalized Learning
Are you using personalized learning strategies in your classroom? Are you a school leader or district administrator supporting teachers who are providing students with personalized learning opportunities?
NGLC has been documenting the practices and strategies of pioneering educators who have designed and launched whole-school models in support of personalized learning and we've compiled these resources to help you with your personalized learning practice. Whether it's tools, like Personalized Learning Plans to help you craft individualized pathways through the curriculum for your students, or advice and lessons learned from other educators who work in personalized learning schools, we've got you covered.
Resources on Adopting Personalized Learning
- Higher Ed
- NGLC & 2Revolutions, September 2016. This toolkit includes top tips, strategies, and resources from NGLC grantees for rethinking these critical elements of school to propel student learning, not halt it.
- Innovation brief sharing the strategies and tools of hiring for mindset used by Da Vinci Schools & Generation Schools Network
- January 2016. This brief details how three schools in the NGLC network are using Personalized Learning Plans and Learner Profiles to advance student learning and success.
- Report from District Reform Support Network, November 2014
- Generation Schools Network, 2014. The Generation Schools Network model benefits teachers while it simultaneously improves personalized classroom instruction.
- Personalized playlist-driven PD for teachers in blended, mastery-based learning EAA schools
- How the flexible, open, 21st century space of the school supports a personalized and project-based curriculum
- By FSG for the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, this report focuses on continuous improvement process of innovation
- This toolkit from NGLC and iNACOL is for K-12 district, charter, and school leaders to use in the very early stages of conceptualizing and designing a next gen learning program, initiative, or school
- Activate Instruction is a free, open, online site for curricula that integrates assessments to allow students to progress at their own pace in one, integrated space
Adopting Personalized Learning Grant Recipients
K-12 Breakthrough Models
Three-hour blended learning rotation labs (Regional: Chicago, Planning)
Competency-based blended learning, intensive teacher professional development
Personalized learning for overage/undercredited students
A flipped school model where students self-direct their own learning
- see more
Student-led Assessment Networked Improvement Community in Virginia
- Grant Opportunities
- Assessment for Learning Project
- Regional Funds for Breakthrough Schools
- Center for Collaborative Education, Massachusetts
- CityBridge Education, Washington, D.C.
- LEAP Innovations, Chicago, Ill.
- New England Secondary School Consortium
- New Schools for New Orleans
- Rogers Family Foundation, Oakland, Calif.
- The Colorado Coalition
- Funding Framework
- Grant Recipients
- Grant Opportunities