Embracing Personalized Learning
This set of resources is for those educators who have been working with personalized learning strategies for some time and are looking for support to advance to a new level. That next level may be sharpening you and your team's instruction in order to go deeper with practices that are most promising. Or it may be growing your practice across a district, network, or state and developing the policies, professional learning opportunities, and better defined frameworks to support widespread adoption of personalized learning.
Here you will find research related to personalized learning practice and evidence of student learning and achievement, materials supporting deep and bold engagement with personalized learning, and information about schools, districts, and support organizations that are expanding their practice, supporting educators, and reaching more students.
Resources on Embracing Personalized Learning
- Higher Ed
- RAND Education, 2015. A study of 62 personalized learning schools, including NGLC schools, show student achievement gains in math & ELA. The report also details practices used in schools.
- Center for Reinventing Public Education, April 2016.
- by Susan Patrick & Chris Sturgis, CompetencyWorks, March 2015. Provides background knowledge for educators to understand what it will take to transform from traditional to personalized, competency-based systems that take full advantage of blended learning
- Council of Chief State School Officers, Jan 2015. A guide for state policymakers for developing an accountability system that supports next gen learning.
- Interim findings from an ongoing study of NGLC & other personalized learning schools; RAND, November 2014
- Spark is a data integration tool that analyzes student achievement daily based on aggregate data from various online providers.
- This 2-page brief describes the partnership between Piedmont City Schools & Jacksonville State University to prepare teachers for personalized learning
Embracing Personalized Learning Grant Recipients
K-12 Breakthrough Models
16 Chicago Public Schools undergoing a complete transformation to sustainable 21st century school models
Six schools in three districts redesigning for personalized learning (planning)
7 district and charter schools (planning)
Ten district & charter schools designing personalized learning school models
- see more
- Grant Opportunities
- Assessment for Learning Project
- Regional Funds for Breakthrough Schools
- Center for Collaborative Education, Massachusetts
- CityBridge Education, Washington, D.C.
- LEAP Innovations, Chicago, Ill.
- New England Secondary School Consortium
- New Schools for New Orleans
- Rogers Family Foundation, Oakland, Calif.
- The Colorado Coalition
- Funding Framework
- Grant Recipients
- Grant Opportunities